Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blake has the Olympic bug


After suffering a neck injury and illness in 2004, James Blake didn’t compete in the Athens Olympics. Due to this reason, he is eagerly anticipating the opportunity to play in Beijing even more."This is probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me," said the 28-year-old Blake this week. "In 2012, I hope I'm still relevant in the tennis world, but careers have ended much quicker than that. I know realistically, this might be my only shot to play in the Olympics.”"It would be an absolute thrill to represent this country again," Blake added. "It gives me goose bumps every time I do that (for the Davis Cup), but to do it for the Olympics, and be around all those other great athletes I know it doesn't carry the same weight in tennis like it does in other sports, but I think that will be part of the joy of going, seeing so many sports where it's bigger than the Super Bowl

No comments: